Invitation for the election of an employee to the type I employment position in the associate title of Assistant
JOSIP JURAJ STROSSMAYER UNIVERSITY OF OSIJEK
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS IN OSIJEK
for the election of
- 1 employee to the type I employment position in the associate title of Assistant in the area of Social Sciences, scientific field of Economics, scientific branch Quantitative Economics
This is a temporary, full-time position.
APPLICANTS NEED TO FULFIL THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS TO APPLY:
- Completed undergraduate and graduate university studies in economics or 4-year university studies as the best students (grade point average 4.0 or more)
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Computer skills
- Interest and aptitude for participation in scientific research work
- The conditions stipulated by the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (Official Gazette No. 123/03, 198/03, 105/04, 174/04, 46/07, 63/11, 94/13., 139/13, Decisions of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Croatia No. 101/14 and 60/15), Statute of the Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek and Regulations on the implementation of the procedure of election/re-election to titles and appropriate employment positions of the Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
THE APPLICATION MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- Application form No. 4, which can be downloaded HERE
- CV in the EUROPASS format
- Certified copy of the diploma of university undergraduate studies and of the diploma of university graduate studies or of the diploma of 4-year university studies
- Transcript of grades of exams passed at the 4-year university studies or diploma supplement for university undergraduate and university graduate studies
- Copy of the certificate of Croatian citizenship or proof of citizenship of another country
- For foreign nationals, proof of fluency in Croatian language, with the minimum level B2 in speech, reading and writing, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
The Expert Committees for the election procedure (in further text: Committees) are appointed by the Academic Council of the Faculty of Economics in Osijek. The Committee draws up a list of applicants who fulfil the formal requirements, and who will be invited to additional testing.
Testing will include assessing the knowledge, skills and abilities (written tests) of candidates, as well as an interview of candidates by the Committee.
Written tests will refer to checking the knowledge, skills and abilities relevant for the particular position.
Computer skills and foreign language proficiency will be tested as well.
A candidate who fails to take the test will be considered as having withdrawn their application and will no longer be considered a candidate.
Before signing the employment contract, the elected candidate will be required to submit, within a reasonable time limit, a certificate of medical examination attesting to this person’s ability to perform the duties of the respective employment position.
Applications with the required documents and evidence of fulfilling the requirements should be sent in printed (one copy) and in electronic form (CD, PDF format) to the address: Ekonomski fakultet u Osijeku, Trg Ljudevita Gaja 7, 31000 Osijek, Croatia, within 30 days from the day of posting. The face of the envelope must bear the notice: “Prijava za natječaj” (meaning: Application for a job position).
Applicants of both sexes will be considered equally for the position.
By applying for the employment position, applicants expressly agree that the Faculty of Economics in Osijek, as the head of personal data filling system may collect, use and further process data for the purpose of implementation of the tender procedure in accordance with the provisions of the Act on Personal Data protection (“Official Gazette” No. 106/12 – revised text)
Faculty of Economics in Osijek